jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Monday, January 19, 2015

It's my Birthday

This is what 59 looks like.....

It's my Birthday
It's my birthday and I'm spending it with my Mom and sister and brother in the hospital.
It's not the plans I had made for my birthday, no, God had different plans. My Mom fell and broke her hip. We got the call that she was going into surgery and at 91years of age this is critical.
So, I canceled all the plans I made, took three planes and got there after the surgery to be with her.
She wears a hearing aid so you have to speak to her through a speaker box.
While I was there to be with her, in retrospect. She was there for me. We revisited family stories, and laughed about silly things I did while growing up. In spite of the reason I was there I was having a good time with my Mom , brother and sister.


It was a special time to visit with family. I believe nothing makes you think more about family then times of emergency.
Life is fragile.
When I was there it hit me that no matter who you are, where your from or what kind of life you lived, it comes down to this.
The spirit of life.
 The determination of survival. The fighters spirit.
My Mom is strong and I'm so proud of how hard she is fighting to recover.
My birthday was spent with my orginal family.
My Mom, who gave my life and my older siblings that watched over me. 
No matter how old I get, I will always be the baby sister.
That is my station in this family. Outside of this circle my life is my own.
But here I play a different role, and I'm happy to hand over the reins.
Maybe later I will blog about the personality of being the sixth child.
Funny, in  my own home, I deal with the personalities of the first born, and the last born.
So, happy birthday to me and many more to come.
Make plans and then remember be flexible because better plans may be in the offering.
Please, say a little prayer for my Moms recovery,
 and one for anyone who is fortunate to live to be 90 years old.
Be Inspired,
~jean
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment