jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Hike in Snake Gulch Canyon, AZ petroglyphs


Jean Hart Artwork
www.zazzle.com/jeanhar*

Hello from Snake Gulch Canyon, Az

My husband and I have been on a archaeology petroglyphs tour.
This was about a 6 mile hike round trip from the gate. 
It is already getting very hot in the southern deserts. 
I invite you to come along and be adventurous. 
After seeing many of the early Pueblo Indian sites and seeing the petroglyphs and pictographs I was amazed how connected I felt to this culture. 
The pottery and baskets are so intricate and made with beautiful designs, they are truly artists. 





We started the hike at the gate, and round trip it was 6 miles to the first alcove where we found these petroglyphs.
I suggest that you bring plenty of water, and shade. It was already well over 80 degrees. 
It is amazing to me that these petroglyphs are 800 years old. 
Kerry taking pictures
Enjoy this amazing artwork. 

Be Inspired,
~jean 

No comments:

Post a Comment