jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Stuck in a Chinese bakery?!

Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut Butter Cookies
My Chinese cookie said I was stuck in a Chinese bakery!! I'm thinking that there are worst places to be then in a bakery.
My Blood Sugar number for today was 106. Not too bad. I found this recipe on diabeticlivingonline. I think this will satisfy both my need to bake and not get me to far off track.

Peanut Butter Cookies Diabetic Recipe
 There is no flour in this cookie. A good thing. 
servings: 36 cookies
Carb Grams per serving: 7
Calories 66
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 2g
Cholesterol 6mg
Sodium 35mg
Total Sugar 6g
Protein 2g

Diabetic Exchanges
Other Carbohydrates .5
Fat .5

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
Sugar


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.F. Grease cookie sheets and set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together the 1 cup sugar, and peanut butter, and egg until well mixed. Using your hands, roll peanut butter mixture into 1 inch balls/ place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten each ball slightly with a drinking glass that has been lightly greased and dipped in sugar. Lightly grease a small star-shaped cookie cutter; dip in sugar. Press into the center of each cookie.
2. Bake about 9 minutes or until edges are set and bottoms are lightly browned. Makes 36 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment