jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tomatoes, Tamatoes

Jean Hart Artwork 
Tomatoes, Tamatoes
Still life 
by Jean Hart 
I'm working on this little still life, and it has taken me many steps to finish the highlights.
I think I'm done. But, then every now and again, something catches my eye that I want to fix.
Right from the start, shame on me. I didn't have the right red color and tried to mix and match a tomatoe color. 
I think I should have used a scarlet red. So, for now I have not sealed this painting up. 
I don't know if I can fix the color or if I should just say done.
The really cool thing about acrylic paint is that you can go over it with a new color and the background color will not show through. 
Artist tip:
The best way to handle gels and pastes is with a palette or painting knife. Use the knife to scoop the mediums out of containers, mix them with paint, or spread them over your paintings. surface. 
These mediums let you experiment with the consistency of your paint. They will help give texture to your painting. 
Be Inspired,
~jean 

No comments:

Post a Comment