jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Everything About Paris

Everything about Paris
Paris smarts

Question:
The Cordon Bleu, considered by many to be the finest cooking school in the world, was launched by a:
1. Journalist
2. Royal chef
3. Soldier
4. Painter

Answer:
1, Journalist 
The Cordon Bleu dates back to the late 19th century, when journalist Marthe Distel published Las Cuisiniere Cordon Bleu, in which famous chefs shared their techniques and advice. The weekly magazine was so successful that in 1895 Distel organized classes in the Palais Royal, and the international culinary academy was born. 

Julia Child went to the Cordon Bleu, and one of my favorite movies is Julia to Julia. 
I believe I am one of the servantless women she talks about when she said she would try to make french cooking easy for the American servantless women.
I have never cooked from that book. My mother might have.
She taught me from Emily Post, I taught my children from Martha Stewart and my daughter is learning from 
Rachel Ray. 
Since I have never cooked from a french cook book, here is my assignment.:
I will pick a recipe from Bon Appetite magazine and prepare it. 

Here is what I'm making for lunch, the french way from Bon Appetite cooking magazine.
The perfect grilled cheese sandwich. 

After rigorous scientific testing, we’ve determined that sandwiches sliced in half on a diagonal actually taste better.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/best-ever-grilled-cheese

Here is a really great movie to learn how to make a Cuban sandwich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgFws3AoIUY

If you too choose to prepare a french meal I would love to hear about it.
Be Inspired,
~jean
www.zazzle.com/jeanhar1*


No comments:

Post a Comment