jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Monday, May 11, 2015

Art Auctions On Board

I have just come back from my first cruise. 
Kerry and I were invited to go along with my sister to celebrate her birthday.
Our ships name is the Noordam, Holland Amercian Line.
We started in San Diego and went up the coast to Victoria, and landed in Vancouver, BC
Each day we gathered together to go over the itinerary. Besides having food and drinks around the clock , they offer lectures, workshops and games. 
Of Course, once I saw that they had a lecture on Art History and an Art Auction....
that took up my first day.
Let the bidding begin. I had registered, and  with my number in one hand,
 and a glass of champagne in the other. 
going once, twice, sold....
My first auction piece, 
Warner Bros. Studio
Lunch Break 
1999, 13 3/4" x 18"
Lithograph in color on wove paper. 
This lovely piece, I won in the raffle.
Picot, Un Soir d'ete 2013m 16 1/4 x 19 5/8 "
Bringing Happiness, by Gockel, 7" x 7" 

Venus, Anadyomene by Nixon, 7" x 93/8

 It was from Art Auctions on Board
Park West. 
So if you ever have a chance to take a cruise and do an art auction. 
Do It!
We had such a great time. I would certainly do another cruise again.
Be Inspired,
~jean 



No comments:

Post a Comment