jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday's art appreciation document Mark Rothko

Jean Hart Artwork 
My movie pick for this Long weekend.
art appreciation.

Mark Rothko.
abstract artist

It's not really a movie, but a art documentary.
I remember when I first saw one of his paintings. It was in an art book. Without knowing the story behind the abstract paintings I thought. How plain. What's the point? 
I was an art student and I did not know how to look at art, not really.
Can art change a person, or their perspective of the world? 
Can art make you cry? 
That's what his art did for many who first saw it.

When I was working on the exhibit 
"Elements"
I came across his paintings again.
This time, I felt in the stillness of his work and there was a pull of emotion.
I incorporated a little of his style in my painting .
"A page in History".
Here is a closer look of it. 
This was my painting for 
AIR
Air painting, My concern is about the Ravens and Crows in my area. They are being poisoned and blamed for the decrease in the Sage Grouse bird population. Of course, there is much more to it then that. You can read more about it here. http://elkodaily.com/news/local/save-sage-grouse-target-ravens-county-hopes-pilot-program-sets/article_e8d4fe28-8df4-11e2-9981-0019bb2963f4.html

Do you ever paint about life issues? 
I would love to hear about it, if you do.
As always feel free to comment, share, follow.
Be Inspired.
~jean 

No comments:

Post a Comment