jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Interview with an Artist~ Jean Hart August


 Jean Hart Artwork 

I invite you to my online store 
click below 

Interview with an Artist
Question from 
Psychology Students 

" We are only limited by our own beliefs,  thoughts and, vision. " Jean Hart Artist
Welcome back to the Interview section of my blog. 
I'm interested in Psychology, Philosophy,  Healing Arts and, living creatively. 
Along with some of the questions you have sent me, I put together a few from the Psychology students I thought were interesting, and if I could have asked these questions of my mentors and teachers it would have been helpful. 
  1. People regard you as a creative person. Do you agree? Please explain your answer.
Yes, I think I am a creative person. However, I also work at being creative. I work at being curious. Sometimes, I'm too much in my head about getting every little thing right that I forget the spontaneity of creating . For me becoming an artist was a career choice, which simply means I study art. I read about art. I read biographies about artists. I emerge myself in online museums.  I surround my self with news of art. 
The creativity part come after the studying by asking different questions of yourself. 

2. Looking at what you have created in the past, would you change anything today? Why or why not?
I would never think to change anything in the past that I have created. 
A lot of my first works were pieces of healing. I had to go through that. Most people have not seen those. 
Really, most of my artwork is not for the public to view. Only one in ten pieces make it to the framer, or display on my online store. 
There will always be something I see in a painting or piece of creative work that I could have done better. That is the learning process, because next time, that will be better. 

3. Have you ever felt enlightened by an event in the past that has given you a new perspective on life? 

 Life is full of huge events, and when something impacts me personally I may write in my journal, and take those feelings to an art project. That is part of the healing art process I have learn. You can take those feels and do many different art projects to express them. Think of all the humanities we have in the arts, writing, music, drama, cooking, singing....so many ways to express yourself.  
Yes, I believe art changes your life. 

4. If you could change one aspect of our society through your work, what would it be? 

To help people understand that we are all connected. That emotions are the same in people everywhere. I want to encourage to people to share ideas, inspire people to have confidence, and, understand that we all want to love and be loved.  I have seen many pieces of artwork that have simply taken my breath away and I have left saying, "Yes, I want that." 

5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

OH, well I would live exactly where I live now. I like to travel, I see many places and when I was first retired I looked at these places and asked myself, could you live here? Truly, I could not. Where I live I experience all four seasons, my family is here, my home is here. After ten days of traveling I'm ready to come home to my studio, family and, cats.  

Thanks for visiting my blog. 
Be Inspired, 
~jean 
Nice to meet you. 

Certificates I have earned:
Great Basin College, AA in Bus, Child Ed. and Art 
Conversations The Inspire: Coaching Learning, Leadership and Change, Case Western Reserve University
  • Healing with the Arts, University of Florida
  • Positive Psychology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill  
  • Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management of Personal and Professional Productivity, UCI Extension Coursera
  • A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment, Indian School of Business 
  • Introduction to Philosophy, The University of Edinburgh
  • Best Artist Readers' Choice, Elko, Nv
  • 2013- Silver
  • 2014-Gold
  • 2015 Bronze


No comments:

Post a Comment