jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Creative life A thru Z ~ H is for Honor Yourself

The Creative Life A thru Z 


Jean Hart Artwork
Healing Arts journal 

The Creative Life A thru Z

~H is for Honoring Yourself 

 Week Nine 


My Heart, Jean Hart

"If you want to soar in life 
you must first learn to F.L.Y. 
(first love yourself).  Mark Sterling

Welcome back. It's a beautiful day where I live. It's August and still summer here. 
I just couldn't handle the heat anymore,
 so I honored  myself  by taking a trip to the beach. 
H is for Honor Yourself
I was stumbling last week with H. I just couldn't come up with an activity to help my heart....Then this morning, this very morning it came to me. 
Honor Yourself~Love Yourself~Respect Yourself 
With the Solar Eclipse happening this Monday, the energy level all around is charged. 
I looked up my astrological sign and it said I was in for a whole belief system transformation!! 
I'm not sure I'm ready for that, but I certainly am ready for a change. 
Last year I asked for a more "creative life"  and was given this opportunity after taking a healing arts class. 
A creative life means different things to different people. In my life I wanted it to mean expansion of life, ideas, adventures. I also wanted my creative life to help me understand the moments in life and be grateful for them. 
I almost panicked myself last week when I realized that it's peach season and I haven't made a single peach dish!! Then I took a big deep breath and saw that it's August and I have time.  Learning to stay present and 
be still is a creative art. 

Journal Assignment:
I asked a big question on the last blog yesterday.  
What's the best part of your life right now? 

Take some time a think about this.
 It will help to keep you in the present moment, 
not past achievements, or what's ahead of you. 
Here is a Two Minutes in Nature video to help you be still and meditate this question on. 
Two Minutes In Nature~Redwoods 

Green is the color of the heart charka . When I was hiking in the Redwoods I filmed this  because the greens were so brilliant, so many different greens. I felt this redwood forest had to be one of the most healing places I have ever walked. 

Art Journal Assignment: 
Materials:
1. one heart cookie cutter
2. blank paper no lines
1. Take the heart cookie cutter and start tracing its shape. Make as many hearts as you want. Overlap them, keep the separate, turn them upside down. 
You are only limited by your own imagination with this. 
2. Write what you are grateful for in each heart. 
3. Color in the hearts, fill the whole page with color. 

 Activity:
I don't know how I can have a week of H without it meaning Home.
This week take a good look at your front door area.
Both inside the house and outside. 
Does it look welcoming? Friendly? 
Think of ways to clean up, clear up, and warm up this area in your home. 
It soon will be fall, I'm planning on having a new Fall wreath this year. The one I've used for years is getting a bit old and dusty. I want to invite new energy into my home. 

As always, have fun with this. Feel free to leave a comment, share, like and subscribe so you don't miss any of my post. 
Be Inspired, 
~jean 

No comments:

Post a Comment