jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Saturday, August 5, 2017

The Creative Life A thru Z ~G is for Graciousness

The Creative Life A thru Z

 Week Eight 

Grateful, by Jean Hart 

G is for Gracious!!

What does being gracious mean? 

According to the Word of the Day, which defines graciousness as :
  • pleasantly kind, benevolent, and courteous.
  • characterized by good taste, comfort, ease, or luxury:
  • gracious suburban living; a gracious home.
  • indulgent or beneficent in a pleasantly condescending way, especially to inferiors.
  • merciful or compassionate:
  • our gracious king
  • Obsolete. fortunate or happy.
I've been watching "The Crown"on Netflix.
 While I didn't know much about Queen Elizabeth II,
I feel like I know her much better now. I can't get enough of the HRH and family. 
I would say that after watching The Crown, Queen Elizabeth II was certainly the definition of Graciousness. 

Writing Journal Activity:
 I can not do a week of G's without gratitude, graciousness , and generosity.
I leave this up to you to write in your journals about what you are 
grateful for,  gracious, and generous  about. 

Outdoor activity:
It is summertime here where I live. On that thought I must get outside while the weather is nice, although a bit too hot. Soon Fall and Winter will be here and I will be under a blanket of snow. 

"Earthing"
It's when you walk outside barefoot and make contact with the surface of the Earth. The electrons from the earth penetrates through the soles of your feet generating balance and good health. 
I did it all the time as a young girl, but now it not only has a name, but a good reason for doing it. 
Grass Walking 
Let's get walking on the grass barefoot. The studies show that there are many good reasons for doing this for your health. 
I started to do this, and I just thought this is fun, and what a great way to begin the day.
I went outside in the early morning,  and walking barefoot across my grass  I watched the sunrise. 

I love technology, and because this is a internet blog I'm just going to refer you to a YouTube video on this subject, it will list all the benefits for walking on the grass barefoot. 

I have one more fun Outside Activity.
Giggling 
If you haven't been giggling lately you are missing out on the fun!
This activity works best with a few people in a circle, but if you're really self aware you can do this alone. 
It's called Laughing Yoga. 
You can just start with little giggles and work up to big belly laughing. 
This too has great health benefits. 

As always have fun with this. 
Be Inspire, 
~jean 

No comments:

Post a Comment