jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Monday, September 4, 2017

Creative Life A thru Z I is for Imagination

The Creative Life A thru Z 


Jean Hart Artwork
Healing Arts journal 

The Creative Life A thru Z

~I is for Imagination 

 Week Ten


I would like to express my gratitude to all of you who have joined me in this healing journey of creating a more creative life. 
It's been fun for me to come up with activities for each letter of the alphabet. I have so many ideas that they don't all make it on this blog but are written in my printed pages.  I'm sure by the end of this project it will all be filled with fun activities and helpful projects so everyone can live a greater expression of their own creativity. 

       I is for Imagination
" The imagination is the golden pathway to everywhere." 
Terence McKenna

I love the idea of a golden pathway. 
Just like the Wizard of OZ walking on the yellow brick road. 
For me, it has been about curiosity, that is the seed of imagination. 
Asking questions begins a whole snow ball of ideas. 

Golden path to a new vision, journal page Jean Hart
Change.
 I've felt the strong sense of change since the Eclipses!! 
What has been happening for me is a lot of questions about my beliefs, my work, my life. 
It of course starts with what do you want your life to look like. 
How will you get there, and When. The When is important to me especially because I like deadlines. But, then again, maybe that's something I might think about changing. ....

Art Journal Assignment: 

What's on your Golden Path
1. In your art journal, arrange your page to make a golden path. 
It can be straight, crooked, up, down, across.  Anyway YOU want it. 
2. Next, create all the things you want to experience along your path.
3. Create landscapes, texture, people, places, things.
4. Let go and IMAGINE!!

Writing Journal Assignment:
"It's Here...!"
1. Complete this sentence. 
2. Write a page of what your imagination has brought to you on your Golden Path. 
3. The imagination works on all your senses, try to use words that help express the whole experience. The more verbs the better for this assignment. 

I is for Informed
 Change the channel, and watch something you have never seen before. 
This week, change how you get your information. 
Pick up a new magazine, new genre in books and movies. 
See if you can do this once a day for 7 days. 

I is for Ice Cream
Summers not over where I live. 
According to Baskin Robbins there is 31 flavors of ice cream.  I have yet to try them all. 
So, before the summer is over I plan on trying a few new flavors. 
How about you? 

Meditation is one of the purest ways for me to get in touch with my true self. 
Just before creating I sit in nature and be still. 
This helps me open my mind to all new ideas. 
Last week I went up to Lamoille Canyon for a last summer picnic. I made a video of sitting by the stream listening to the water. 
Please enjoy, relax, and 
As always, have fun with this. 
Be inspired, 
~jean 

No comments:

Post a Comment