jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Fourth Season of Change, Fall

 
Fourth Season of Chance
Fall 2014

It's Fall and the last season for this year. My journey has taken me to places I never expected when I started this transformation. When I first started my goal was simply to walk again. To be healthy enough to enjoy my life, and simply to be grateful that I was still here to enjoy my family.
But with each day came new strength and courage to do more. I am thankful that somewhere deep inside me I still have a bit of competitiveness to say to myself, "Look, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain if you just try it." Of course, there are still many things I wont do. Even though my Dr. has cleared me for zip lining, he has stopped me at base jumping, or bungee jumping.
Thank goodness!!!!
There is a wonderful quote by Maya Angelou,
"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty."
Shortly after reading that quote I realized that I must be a butterfly for Halloween.
What I have learned so far about transformation is that it is not about willpower, determination, or discipline. No, everything that made a change for me has been done by routine.
I started walking 5k's in March when I felt that I was strong enough to walk that far. I was wrong, I only made it to one mile. But, it fueled me to continue.
The first 5K, Paces for Payson.
I have since done many more. My goal was to try to do one once a month.
 Now, it seems I'm walking a 5K every weekend!!!
My favorite so far has been the Runway Dash, mostly because Sarah who has been my best supporter of encouraging me to get fit went with us. Of course, Sarah and  Steve ran, and probably would have lapped us if they would have let them continue.

I was going to blog about Soul Coaching, and being inspired by Denise Linn.
But, I think for now, just know that inspiration comes from the ones in your life,
courage comes from within,
 and gratitude comes from your heart.
Be inspired,
~jean
www.zazzle/jeanhar1*

No comments:

Post a Comment