jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Fair is never a Disappointment

The Fair Never Disappoints 


The Fair never disappoints.
I love putting my artwork in the fair. I've done it for years.  I have volunteered for the Fine Art division when I belonged to the Elko Art Club. 
I have won many awards too.
I once had an instructor, and professional artist herself tell me,
 NOT TO PUT MY ARTWORK IN THE FAIR. 
Why I asked, she said it degrades your work. No one will take you seriously as a Fine Art Artist.
Well, I beg to disagree.
I have enjoyed being part of my communities Country Fair for years. I have meet many people who know my artwork because I put work in the fair.
I once thought my goal would be to entry one painting for each category, oil, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, graphic....but that hasn't happened even though I have a year to paint for the fair. 
I even sponsored an award through Jean Hart Artwork to support an emerging young artist. 
I guess what I'm saying is DON'T BE AFRAID TO ENTER THE FAIR. 
Yes, your work will be judged, yes, you may not win a ribbon, and yes, the excitement of walking through the doors to see your work hung publicly is the best feeling. I promise you every time you do it. 
Thank you to the Elko County Fair. 
It was an awesome weekend. 
I rode the Ferris Wheel, eat fair food, watched horse racing and visited with friends I only see at fair time.
So, start painting for the Fair it's only 12 months from now.
This is my challenge to all artists, enter the County Fair.
Be Inspired,
~jean 

No comments:

Post a Comment