jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Interview with an Artist


Jean Hart Artwork
Interview With an Artist
Jean Hart , Artist 


Hello, first may I thank you all for following me on my blog, 
The Creative Life A thru Z
and  asking me questions. It's been awhile since I've introduced myself to everyone. 
Since I started this new blog  "The Creative Life A thru Z" I've had lots of questions. 

1. What is this blog about? 
After taking a Healing Arts class I had a chance to really look at my life and ask myself some tough questions. This blog for me started as a way of putting together art, creative activities, and doing self awareness projects.  It is the beginning of a course, workbook, or just a fun gathering of like minded people.
I am constantly adding to it as I find more interesting projects that reflect creative living to me. 
This blog is a work in progress. 

2. When was the first time that you remember realizing that you are a creative person? 
I think I have always felt I was creative. As a young child I would spend hours alone creating art, sculpting, sewing. But, as you get older you do others things to make a living. I started this blog as a way of getting back to the creative life I had as a young child. Many of the activities are from my childhood revisited. 

3. When did you know that this was what you wanted to do with your life? How did you get started? 
Being an artist was something that came back to me after I had a back injury. It was during that time of recovery that I started to draw again. I began to show my work publicly, and then learned how to market myself. It has been such a joy to have art back in my life. In the beginning I would put my artwork in competitions and I would win ribbons and awards, this made me feel confident. Outwardly, that gave me confidence knowing that other people liked my artwork. However, inwardly I was not feeling it. 
I had to pull myself out of the public for awhile, go inside myself and really ask how I was doing. 
That's when I started to take "Healing Art" courses, and psychology classes. I was still having to deal with how the injury had changed my life.  

4. What traits, if any, do you think that creative people have as compared to people who are not creative? 
Actually, I find that most people are creative. The difference to me is that the highly creative people take their ideas to a completion. 

5. Do you believe that training has influenced what you create? 

Yes! Training and or education is the best way to open yourself up to creative thinking? 
When you are with a group of creative people, it is so exciting to watch how ideas grow. 
My hope is for people to take what I have to offer and then expand on it to make it personal to them. 

Thank you for the questions, yes there were many more questions asked, but for now I think this will be enough.  I will put a question into the blog now and then to keep the conversation going. 
My online store

My YouTube channel

My 500 Mile Journey



Be Inspired, 
~jean 

No comments:

Post a Comment