- Use basic shapes to sketch the wine bottle, glass, and cork.
- Develop the shapes, erasing unneeded lines as you go. Suggest the liquid in both glasses and block in the wine label.
- Start shading, leaving white areas in places to suggest reflective surfaces. Add cast shadows, a tear in the foil at the top of the bottle, and a piece of foil attached to the cork. Texture the cork with small dots.
- Darken all the elements, taking care to leave the highlights white.
- Enjoy, practise, practise, practise.
- Be Inspired,
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Technical Tuesday Wine Still life
Wine still life
With so many wine walks scheduled everywhere, today we learn how to paint wine bottles.
This is a lesson by Ed Tadem
Step by step