- With a pen, yes a pen, there is no erasing. Start anywhere on the page you like. But the pen must not lift up at any time.
- Be free with this. I have shown a drawing of a vase and flowers. The idea is that you can take your finger and follow this line throughout the whole painting.
- If your happy with your drawing you can then start to color in the spaces.
- I love this challenge, it gives me freedom to just create. There is no right or wrong way to do this. I think they look very modern and contemporary.
- Have fun with this. Once you start you will see that you can make all sorts of landscapes, still life, even portraits.
- Can yoy remember the Etch-A Sketch? It is the same thing. You are working with one unbroken line. You may be surprised to learn that there are master artist who do nothing but draw on Etch-A Sketch's. Inside the case is aluminum powder and the knobs create a stylus. I had one of these as a kid. I spent hours working with it. But truly, nothing I creating would ever be called a master piece. Just the same it created hours of fun.
- Grab a drink and take some time to look at these amazing master pieces of artwork done with a Etch-A Sketch.
- Have fun,
- Be Inspired,
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
The Unbroken line
Today's lesson is something I've pulled from a long ago art lesson I learned in junior high school.
Sometimes it's really fun to go back to those early days and return to lessons.
They have a new freedom to them once you get started.
This is called the unbroken line drawing.