jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Monday, August 3, 2015

Interview With an Artist

What kind of music inspires you?

    Making of an Artist
with
Jean Hart
Good Morning,
you caught me early. Usually I'm checking my e-mails with my first cup of coffee.
The beauty of work from home, you can start when your ready.
I'm listening to my new CD from Joseph Carrillo. He is a composer from Elko, who now lives in Hollywood producing music. He composed original music for our 4 Women Art Exhibit. 
"The Elements".
Grab a cup of coffee and listen to his music while we talk.
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=josephcarrillocomposer/sets/5ivelements-https://soundcloud.com/search?q=josephcarrillocomposer/sets/5ivelements-

I am often asked if I listen to music while I paint?
Yes, I do.
 I love all kinds of music and if it's a song I really connect with,
 I will try to paint a picture that match's the song.
I have music on my TV so sometimes I put on New Age music.
If I'm writing, stories, poems, blogs, I will have music without words playing.
What kind of music inspires you?
Loud, jazz.
 If I need inspiration then let it ripe, loudly and with lots of  drums. I like to hear a solid beat.
I just uploaded an app for playing piano. So, lately I have been listening to my own music.
Do you play the piano?
When I was younger I played the cello. I will often have cello music on when I'm alone.
No, I don't know how to play the piano, but with this new app it makes me sound like I do.
I also have a set of electric drums I like to pound on.
Time fly's when your being creative, playing music is just like painting.
Do I have a certain musician I like?
Oh gosh, there are so many great musicians I like.
For along time I was hooked on Toby Keith.
Then there is Melody Gardot.
Now that I have Pandora, I listen to Pink and India Arie.
Be Inspired,
~Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment