jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Sunday, June 18, 2017

The Creative Life -June

The Creative Life
A thru Z 
Jean Hart 
Welcome.If you have just joined me for this Creative Life course I invite you to go back to the first blog to learn about me and this online course. 

June

Use the power of your imagination everyday.
artwork by Jean Hart

June's Aspects
Taken from "The Grandmother of Time, Zsuzsanna E. Budapest
This month of June received its name from the Goddess Juno, protector of women and marriage. This is where the custom of June brides originates. This month has many flower festivals, rose parades, weddings, and dances. Midsummer Night is a major international holiday for lovers, for divining the future, for building bonfires, and for jumping them for good luck.
Full moon aspect: Mead moon, strong sun moon
Universal event: The sun is moving away from the earth, but the constant moon prevails. The summer is peaking out, all ripens and gets ready for the harvest.
Communal event: Midsummer Night and Day. This is usually a three day festival featuring dancing in the woods, with religious ecstasy. This is a time to gather all the tribes together, travel home to the old homestead, visit family and kin. All restrictions of chastity were lifted at the time, marriage proposals and weddings are lucky now.
Message: to bond, to lead, to rule
Activity: Endurance and triumphant fulfillment
Emotional mode: Bonding, loyalty
Healing properties: To make Strong, to cleanse, prevention and protection
Color: Purple, indigo
Tree: Oak and mistletoe, symbols of the male principle. This is the time for ritually cutting mistletoe and catch it in a white cloth so that it never touches the ground
Flower: Rose
Creature: Wren
Gem: Pearl, moonstone, alexandrite

This is a little extra activity I have added to this course. 
As part of my  journaling I find writing my intentions on the full moon a fun activity. 
Because you will be burning your writings.  I feel it truly allows for you to be as open and honest about your intentions as possible. 
No one else is to read these writings, so....write from your heart without fear. 


On the full moons I like to sit quietly and write out my intentions for the future. Planting the seeds of love, prosperity, good health and so on.
This year Kerry joined me in a Moon Meditation and afterward with made a fire and burned our intentions for the Universe to read.
We will not have another Friday the 13th Full Moon until 2049. I will be 93 years old, I'm not sure I will see this again. I'm so happy I got to share this with Kerry.

Be Inspired,
~jean


No comments:

Post a Comment