jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Everything About Paris

Everything About Paris
 
 looks like I pulled a history question.
During World War ll, Germany occupied Paris for:
A. 1 years
B. 2 years
C. 4 years
D. 6 years
 
Answer
C. 4 years
France surrendered to German forces on June 10, 1940, and remained occupied until August 25, 1944. When Allied forces liberated the city. The first Allied force to enter Paris was the French Second Armored Division, led by General Philippe Leclerc.
 
I've been watching some of the movies that won awards last year. Funny how I did not see most of the winners. I came across this movie the other day, and while it is not about France it is a story during World War ll ,
"The Book Thief", great story, I suggest you bring tissue.
Be Inspired,
~jean

No comments:

Post a Comment