jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Life is a promise, half full or half empty

Jean Hart Artwork
 
"Life is a promise, fulfill it."
Unknown
 
As an artist I often will read a quote and think how I might paint a picture to reflect the sentiment.
It's been a way for me to become inspired when I find myself without any ideas.
I feel it is my job as an artist to paint. Whatever the subject, it is my job to paint it.
It is not my job to wonder if someone will like it, or will buy it.
Because really, if us artists knew what people wanted to buy,
we would all be painting that!
 

Tulip, acrylic, by Jean Hart
 
I love this painting. It is hanging in my hallway.
You can not imagine the remarks it has gotten from people when I have exhibited this painting.
So much emotion!
Is it finished or not?
It's a lot like the glass of water.
Is it half full or half empty?
The beautiful part for me is that the imagination can fill in the rest of the painting.
The tulip can be whatever color you want it to be.
It is a painting that draws you in and asks the viewer to participate.
Let me know what you think?
Be Inspired,
~jean


No comments:

Post a Comment