jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Wishom, dare to create

Rainbow Forrest, Jean Hart
 
Wisdom for healing cards
Carolyne Myss
Dare to be Creative 
Soul Song, Jean Hart
 
What's keeping you from creating?
I know I use to say, I don't know what to paint?
I have house work to do?
It's too cold....the list of excuses goes on and on.
Now that I have my studio in my house, and have started
Jean Hart Artwork.
I do not have time to wait for inspiration to come to me.
I must paint each day, or look at artwork, or critique artwork.
I spent most of my day doing just that.
But you simply must begin.
Once you begin, time just fly's by.
You get into a zone and everything just jives.
One idea will develop into another idea and before long you will be saying "I have too many ideas."
Make sure you always have a pad and pencil around you to put down all those interesting ideas.
I have found when I am especially stuck to go to the library and start looking through the art books.
When I was in art class we often went to the books for inspiration. Even if you use it for an exercise the important thing is that you get busy.
Also, I have found reading other artists blogs helpful.
Today's Lesson:
think about all the creative ideas that come to you in one day. How many do you dismiss as trivial or unproductive? Healing requires impractical and daring creativity.
Your Goal: to observe how you respond to your own creative voice, are you receptive or self critical?
Here is something I was told once by a very wise creative person.
Make your art your way. You are not the judge of this work. Your job is to just make it.
Be Inspired,
~jean


No comments:

Post a Comment