jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Monday, March 16, 2015

March the month for Still Life

Jean Hart Artwork
 
March 2015
I have given myself a little art workshop.
I have decided since I have not done many still life paintings that I would try to complete five new pieces for the month of March.
They will all be acrylic paintings done on canvas paper, size 9" x 12".
The first painting was the stacked books titled Read, Learn, Grow.
Next was the First Tulips of Spring. Which I have donated to Ghost Light Products for their fundraisers.
This weekend I completed the third painting.
Bowl of Fruit.
 
Setting your color pallet is so important. I found that many times I didn't have the exact color and found myself mixing colors to get there.
What fun that was!
The important thing about mixing colors is to write down your measurements and colors.
Also, I found it necessary to keep some of the mixed paint on hand to help match the color again.
I keep a color wheel around me when I paint.
The color wheel is  a visual representation of colors arranged according to their chromatic relationship. The basic color wheel consists of 12 colors that can be broken down into three different groups: primary colors, secondary colors, and tertiary colors.
It's a great tool to keep near you if you are going to start mixing colors.
What makes a painting pleasing to the eye is when you have a color scheme that complements itself and one color is used within the whole canvas.
What paintings or projects are you working on for March?
Be Inspired,
~jean

No comments:

Post a Comment