jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Thursday, April 17, 2014

When is art too small?

When is art Too Small?

The Gallery, Jean Hart Artwork
Can artwork be too small???
How small is small? The new style of painting for awhile was painting miniature paintings, 2"x 3".
If a painting is too small to see with the human eye, can it still be appreciated?
What if no one could see it on the wall or anywhere in the house?
Would you still buy it?
I hear the answer to these two questions is "yes".
I didn't know there is something called, "Micropainting".
Artist, Stefano Busonero creates paintings that are less than a square inch in area. All of his artworks require a magnifying glass in order to appreciate them.
Artist J'Sha is the artist best known for his technique called, "nanoentonography", he creates works of art that can only be seen through a microscope.
I'm in an age now that I can not even eat without putting on my eyeglasses. I have to ask, WHY?
Not only is this a technique I would not be able to do, but, the people looking at your artwork would have to buy special equipment to view your artwork.
Please enjoy some of their artwork here.
Let me know what you think.
http://www.busonero.it/index1.htm
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2007/04/nanoart_the_wor.html
Be Inspired,
~jean
www.zazzle.com/jeanhar1*


No comments:

Post a Comment