jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My first walk

 
Paces for Payton walk
Jean streching before race
Kerry and Jean with our numbers.:-)
Last Saturday Kerry and I drove to Idaho Falls and signed up to walk one mile for Payton.
A little girl who needs a new heart.
It was a beautiful day, the sun was up and about 250 people came to walk and run.
This was our first walk. We had such a great time, meeting new people, and just participating, that I'm now on a hunt for more walks.
I started training for this walk and my best time during training was a 27 min mile.
The day of the race, 21 min mile. I shaved 6 mins off my time. While still not very fast, and yes we were dead last. I was still very happy with my time.
For those of you who live in Elko, NV
Here is a site I find for walking around town. They also have lots of routes for running as well.
Enjoy,
Be Inspired,
~jean

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment