jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 16, 28 days to a more magnetic life

Day 16
28 Days to a more magnetic life
by
Sandra Anne Taylor
Soul Song, acrylic, Jean Hart
 
The Honoring Path
 Intention
"Today I am focusing on the energy of honoring in my life. I look at my choices, behaviors, and thoughts, asking: Does this honor me? No matter what, I muster up the courage to choose the truly honoring action and thought."
Honoring your path. I was given a new path right in the middle of what I thought was an awesome life. A great family, loving husband, and a job I liked.
But in one moment in time, it all changed. My path I honor now is not the  path I was seeking, or studying, or even envisioned for myself. IT'S BETTER!!!
Looking at my chooses and what I have had to do, I have been asked, 
 would I have changed anything?
Heck Yes!!
But those choices are behind me. Many of them were made when I was highly emotional, or stuck and asking for help. Which never came. I say help never came to me because,
first, I didn't know how to ask for help,
secondly, I didn't listen when someone offered helped,
and thirdly, I put too much faith in people I didn't really know.
Reflection
"In the quest to change your destiny, the single most powerful thing you can do is to ask yourself: Does this honor me? When you start to make this question a focused part of your daily life, you'll begin to see major differences in how you fell and what you attract."
Does this honor me? Hard question if you don't know who you are in terms of, opinions, desires, wishes, hopes, dreams. To find out how to honor myself I have had to start making decisions for myself. I was devastated by my injury, truly lost and dependant on others. You lose yourself quickly when you depend on other people. I didn't trust my own instincts.  I started with small decisions, what to cook, foods I liked and what I made but didn't like, but the family did. Picking out my own clothes and colors. Stop saying yes when I meant no. Smiling and laughing at myself. I have made some hard chooses cutting out people who were not good for me. Changing many things I didn't like about myself. This has not happened just in these 16 days no, it's been going on for 10 years since my injury. Start small, so when the truly big decisions come you can stand grounded in your chooses.
Activities that Honor
2. "Try to do at least one good thing for yourself each day. Choose something purposeful, enjoyable, fulfilling, or just relaxing. create balance in your life, take care of yourself, and make your own goals and happiness a priority. remember that if you don't make yourself a priority, the Universe will have to follow suit."
Did you catch that last sentence? " If you don't make yourself a priority, the Universe will have to follow suit." BONK!!
I didn't ask for bad back, knees, neck, hips, but it sure slowed me down and gave me time to see how much I gave up of myself to please others.
Affirmations for Honoring Energy
"I live with integrity and dignity. Every day, I choose to honor myself in my thoughts, words, and behaviors."
For me this affirmation will be an on going one.
Today's assignment has been the hardest one yet. I can really only give you a small part of this little book. I really hope you go out and buy it for yourself. I started this book before Christmas thinking I would have it done before the new year. It has not been so easy, it's much more intense and many times I have to sit with the words and reflections for a day or two.
What's on my list today:
1. I have a few pictures of my childhood, not many. Some of the pictures are of me I don't recognize. I plan on putting these on a board and seeing what I can remember about this little girl.
Why have I allowed myself not to trust myself?
2. Superbowl, it's almost here. I plan on making a menu that not only everyone will enjoy but the good healthy foods that I must eat to honor my body.
3. Creating a new website for a new business I want to do for Jean Hart Artwork.
You see being an artist was not in my plans, it was in the Universes plans for me.
Be Inspired,
~jean
here's a place to see and buy my artwork


No comments:

Post a Comment