Come along with me and join in on the fun.
Today, I will be outlining 6 steps to Relaxation and Let Go.
I usually add music to enhance the technique.
6 Steps to Relax and Let Go
It is always best to sit in a quit room if you can. Get comfortable in a chair with your feet flat on the floor and your eyes closed. I have in the past done this laying down, but I usually fall asleep.
- I have a mantra I say, but you may choose a word of your own to focus on. Pick one that is simple, one syllable, and easy for you to remember.
- Sit upright in a comfortable position, your hands can rest in your lap facing up or down. The important thing is to be comfortable.
- Take a few deep breaths to relax. count 6 breaths in, hold 7, exhale 8. Do this 3 times.
- Now just breath in normally. Repeat your word silently on your exhale.
- Your mind will continue to bring thoughts to you, that's OK, just don't let them distract you. Let them come to you, and then let them move on with each exhale.
- Continue for 20min. I find it easier if I set a timer before I start. This way I can relax and enjoy my meditation without the worry of time. Stay quiet with your eyes closed. After 20min, awake slowly and easily come back. Do 3 more deep breaths.