jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Weigh In Day

Weigh In Day
May 29th, 2014
That's the next weigh in on the scale.
But there are different ways to measure your success.
Lot's of things have changed since I started this journey in January.
Measuring changes can be seen more in my attitude about food. The dinner plate above looks pretty full. Look closely and you will notice that 3/4 of the plate is vegetables and fruit, pasta is 2 tablespoons and the chicken is about 2 oz.
I am determined to lose weight by eating real food. Mostly not processed but fresh. I am not losing my weight with shakes, protein bars, fasting or paying for pre-made meals.
I want to learn to eat and control myself with real food, homemade meals. I have to cook every day for the family so why would I punish myself by starving, eating separate special "diet" foods, or shakes. That's not living.
I wish I had taken my measurements when I started in January.
It's a good way to measure how you are doing when the scale wont move!!
Here I go.....
I started at a size tight 22W and I'm now wearing pants 16W
Neck 16 1/2"
Bust 48"
Upper arm 15"
Waist 44"
Hips 49"
thighs 24 1/2"
Calf 15 1/2"
Those are my numbers, I thought about not posting them, but then that would not be looking at myself honestly. If I needed anymore motivation , well here it is.
I will take measurements every 3 months. Remember my estimated goal is Feb. 14th, 2015.
This is not about , quick loss, it's about permanent weight loss, life style changes, and getting healthy.
It's the small things that change at different intervals that keeps me motivated.
EXERCISE
 
I hurt my toes doing my 5K walk last week. I went to the doctor to make sure they were not infected. She told me to stay off them for one week and not to swim for two weeks.
Even doing yoga last week at home hurt my toes!!!
But I can't not exercise. It's a routine I have put into my day and know that it is helpful for my weight loss plan. Not to mention, my knees, back and joints.
It would have been easy for me to say, Great stay off my feet and watch TV.
NOPE!!! Don't go there.
I looked up on YouTube some chair exercises to do . There are many to choose from so each day you can do a different one.
Next week I will be back to yoga classes.
Peace and Namaste
Be Inspired,
~jean
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment