jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What My Soul Wants Me To Know

What My Soul Wants Me To Know

cards by Denise Linn
Being the change I want see
Peace and Namaste
This weeks card is
FOCUS
 Truly, it could not have come at a better time. I have so many projects started and laying around unfinished. It certainly is time to focus.
What does focus mean when you pull it from a deck of cards.
Here's the way I do things. I let destiny pick the card.
I have every bit of faith that my watchful guides are picking the right card for me to work on for this week.
FOCUS
"Card meaning: What you focus on is what you create, so put your attention on thoughts that are beautiful, worthwhile, and loving. It's time to focus your intent and your passion on one thing, rather than being scattered in different directions."
Yes, one thing at a time. Really, I'm no good at multitasking. I have laundry in the dryer, clean dishes in the dishwasher, art supplies scattered from the dinning room to the studio, empty coffee cup in the car....oh yes, the list goes on.
It's true I'm scattered.
It's not just about cleaning up, or even putting things away....I get started then the time gets away from me.
This is what I find on the subject of Multitasking and Focusing.
Explains a lot for me.

Lack of Focus

When working on several tasks as once, such as talking on the phone, checking your email and writing a report, you can lose the focus required to adequately complete one item. Too many distractions break your concentration, which requires more time to come back to one task, find where you left off, and try to recreate your thought pattern. In their book, "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Mindfulness," Anne Ihnen and Carolyn Flynn discuss the bad effect of multitasking that does not allow your brain to rest between tasks, which wastes time in refocusing on the most important duty that must be performed.
Houston Chronicle
Here is a website to help explain some of the bad effects of multitasking.
I don't feel so bad after reading this article.
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/bad-effects-multitasking-32419.html
Here is what my soul wants me to know:
"Your Soul wants you to know: What you see around you is the result of what you focus on. When you direct your thoughts toward good, you attract positive experiences and people into your life; but when you focus on what isn't working, you create even more challenging situations. If you aren't pleased with the direction of your life, concentrate on what you desire, not on what your don't want......"
Lately, I have been without much energy. Focusing just on one thing, instead of looking at all the projects that are in front of me sounds better.
I have been working off a list, and I notice that there is one thing that just keeps getting put on the next days list over and over again. I'm not sure when I will get to it.But it's still on my list.
This week I pulled out the calendar. I started to look at the summer months and started to fill them in for activities. I made reservations, booked rooms, events, and planned for trips.
With that done, I now have a good idea of what I must save from the budget.
ADVENTURES was on my list for the new year, and it was getting put off each week.

Today's Affirmation:
"All of my thoughts are directed toward my highest good!"
My Soul List for this week looks like this.
1. Finish my wooden Cane.
2. Finish my sewing project. It's a very cute Hotel Key Holder. :-)
3. Finish my new painting
4. Write one love letter
5. Keep up on Yoga, taking one week off kinda got me off track
If I do one thing each day I will feel very focused and accomplished for the week.
Be Inspired,
~jean
www.zazzle.com/jeanhar1*

Here are new luggage tags I have designed for new adventures.
You can customize them with your own name .
http://www.zazzle.com/ruby_dome_nevada-256088486838519292?CMPN=addthis&lang=en&rf=238392465965343686
http://www.zazzle.com/mays_flower-256108850638534930?CMPN=addthis&lang=en&rf=238392465965343686
 


No comments:

Post a Comment