jeanhar1@zazzle.com

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Weigh In Day

Weigh In Day
Oh Blast!!!
 Well I am sure it was bound to happen.
With all the parties, the drinking and not being able to swim. I gained 1 one.
First time since I started this journey.
Yes, it depressed me. It feels like I have wasted the whole month......
So did I eat?
Well let me tell you a little story about last night.
Never underestimate the power of a good friend.
Last night my art group went out to dinner. I immediately saw Montichrsto sandwich on the menu.
I said, yes, that's what I'm having. They are the deep fried three Decker sandwich that no one should eat. I was the last one to order. The waitress took the orders around the table, shrimp, shrimp wrapped in bacon, halibut...my turn, I just said halibut too, please. The words just fell out of my mouth. I fully intended to have the Montichristo, but I just couldn't order it.
This morning was weigh in and I may have gained but I don't think it was because I eat fish.
I looked up an interesting website this morning. I'm not on a diet plan. I count calories.
But I looked up
Food Addicts Anonymous
 
FAA Basic Food Plan
BreakfastLunch(4 hrs. after breakfast)
Dinner
(5 hours after lunch)
MA
(Metabolic Adjustment)

(4 hours after dinner)
1 Protein1 Protein1 Protein1 Dairy or 2 oz. Protein
1 Dairy1 Cooked Vegetable1 Cooked Vegetable1 Fruit
1 Fruit1 Fresh vegetable1 Fresh Vegetable
1 Grain or Starchy Vegetable1/2 Daily Oil1 grain or starchy vegetable
Men: add 1 fruit or 1 grain, or 1 starchy vegetable 1/2 Daily Oil
I found this site to have lots of information. I'm not sure how many calories this day is, but I think it's a lot less then I'm eating now. I eat way more protein, veg and fruit.
I have printed this and put it on my refrigerator and I'm going to use it for a week and see how I feel.
Weight gain happens. One pound could easily be water weight, muscle gain, or fat. But, the important thing is, it is just one measurement on this very long journey.
Get back on track with the next meal.
I'm so thankful for me friends. They would have let me have the montichristo, because they are not judgemental.....but I know that because we are all trying so hard. Being in good company and eating well just feels better.
Be Inspired,
~jean


No comments:

Post a Comment